Here´s our top 10 of Christmas markets in Berlin!
Although it´s getting colder, the days get shorter and the nights longer, it still is worthwhile paying a visit to vivid Berlin. To give you some ideas on what to do during the colder season, we write this BLOG and we wil keep you up to date on events and parties in Berlin.
In a couple of weeks the Berlin Christmas markets will be open again. Go here to warm up with `glühwein`(mulled wine), find some nice christmas presents for your folks, enjoy the german way of celebrating christmas.
Here you will find our top 10 of christmas markets in Berlin. Also we provide some more detailed info on one of the nicest markets in our opinion, the Lucia Christmas Market at the Kulturbrauerei, not far from the EastSeven Berlin Hostel.
Our TOP 10:
1. Lucia Christmas Market at the Kulturbrauerei. from 22nd of November till 22nd of December
2. Nostalgic Christmas Market at the Oper Unter den Linden. from 22nd of Novmber till 31st of december
3. Christmas Market Spandau. from the 24th of November till the 23rd of December
4. Christmas Market at the Kaiser Wilhelm Remorial Church. from the 22nd of November till the 30th of december
5. Magic Winterworld and Christmas Market at Potsdamer Platz. from the 22nd of November till the 26th of December
6. Christmas Market Alexander Platz. from the 22nd of November till the 26th of December
7. Organic Christmas Market: Sophienstraße, Mitte. 27.11; 28.11; 04.12; 05.12; 11.12; 12.12; 18.12; 19.12.2010
8. Christmas Market at Charlottenburg Palace. From the 21st of November till the 26th od December
9. Christmas Market Gendarmen Markt. from 22nd of November till the 31st of December
10. Christmas Market Kollwitzplatz. from the 28th of November till the 19th of December, Sundays only!
Closeby the EastSeven Berlin Hostel you´ll find the Kulturbrauerei, a former beer brewery wich now stands for diverse range of cultural events during the year. One of our favorite christmas markets will be held here, every year. Read on for more details.
The romantic world of the Lucia Christmas Market invites you to the Kulturbrauerei for the tenth time in the year 2010.
The “Lucia Christmas Market“ takes place in the outdoor space in the two courtyards of the Kulturbrauerei in Berlin’s Prenzlauer Berg district.
The Kulturbrauerei, an area of 25,000 m², with its lovely ensemble of 20 buildings and six courtyards, is situated between Schönhauser Allee, Knaack, Sredzki and Danziger Straßes. The buildings are all connected – creating a brick wall with chimneys and distinctive towers in the corners. The richly decorated buildings of red and yellow brick with their casting pillars, dome vaults and stone ceilings represent the industrial architecture of the 19th century.
This beautiful building complex is home to the Lucia Christmas Market. With its picturesque setting, this market offers a very charming and romantic atmosphere and has become very popular with families. It offers a daily cultural program for everbody, on weekend afternoons for kids and invites the grown-ups to meet for a hot mulled red (and white) wine „Glühwein or Glög“. Named after Lucia, the Nordic goddess of light, the market is dedicated to the Scandinavian countries.
* bungee trampoline and swing boat
* merry-go-round for children and adults
* “Coat-Open-Air-Heater“ and “Swedenfire“ artworks
* Santa visits the market daily between 5 and 6 pm
* cultural program/ show daily at 8 pm, admission free
* every Saturday at 4 pm program for children at Alte Kantine, 3 €
* every Sunday between 4 and 6 pm Children’s handicraft hour at Alte Kantine, admission free
Opening Hours (free entry):
Monday – Friday 3 pm – 10pm
Saturday & Sunday 1pm – 10pm
Location: Kulturbrauerei, 10439 Berlin-PrenzlauerBerg/ Pankow
Knaackstr. 97 and/or Sredzkistr. 1 and/or Schönhauser Allee 36-39
Public Transport: Metro U2 Eberswalder Str., Bus 245, Tram 12, M10, M1
Parking: in-ground parking facility with 250 spaces, Sredzkistr. 2
For more events, parties and insider tips check out our online staff-recommendations. Enjoy wintertime in Berlin!!