Read on for some great insider recommendations for free and low budget events and activities in Berlin.
1. For a great start in the new year and in the new week, we have our Free Dinner Party again, tonight! There´s going to be delicious food and friendly travellers to hang out with. It´s free of charge, so don´t hesitate. If your staying at the hostel meet up with us at 7pm in the lounge for another great evening of fun in Berlin!
2. Find out more about the Berlin Wall at the Berlin Wall Documentation Centre! It´s free of charge and within walking distance from our hostel. Opening hours- daily from 10am till 5 pm.
3. Go to the German Historical Museum, to see the exhibition: Strangers? Pictures of the other in Germany and France since 1871.
The image of the stranger always was part of the self-definition of nations and helpful to delimit to the external. The exhibition traces images of the other in the respective self-definitions of France and Germany against the background of the globalization. (daily 10a.m-6p.m.)
Location: Deutsches Historisches Museum, Unter den Linden 2, 10117 Berlin (Mitte)
Opening hours: daily 10.00-18.00
4. Pay a visit to the Sachsenhausen Memorial. Check here for adress and directions! Entry is FREE! But if you want to have a guided tour you pay a small amount of money.
5. White Trash Fast Food (number 9 at the back of our Flyer!)! Go here to eat great burgers and check out great rock´n´roll music. this friday Live: The Mokkers (garage/berlin), damage 6€.
6.Ooh it´s terribly cold in Berlin this week. So why not warm up a little at a sauna or a turkish bathing house.
There is a nice hamam in kreuzberg, klick here for a link. It´s for women only!
For a nice sauna closeby you could go to the olivin wellness sauna, at the schönhauser allee just around the corner from our hostel!
7.Organic Market on Kollwitzplatz, on thursday´s and saturdays!
On a late Saturday morning you should go to where the locals go – the farmer´s market on Kollwitzplatz – 200 Meters from EastSeven. Fresh organic vegetables, varieties of sausages and a lot more of savoir vivre. By your food of the season there, go back to the hostel and prepare it in our fancy self catering kitchen.
8. Sunday Fleamarket day in Berlin. Go to the Mauerpark Fleamarket, not far from the EastSeven Berlin Hostel. It´s one of the biggest fleamarkets, and really exciting. There is a live open air karaoke show.
9. Ping Pong Bar, DR. Pong. Nice for some action, drinking beer and playing table tennis. It´s fun. There is no entrance fee, and this cool bar is within walkin distance from our hostel. (number 5 at the back of our flyer)
10. Go on a Free Walking Tour. There are pick ups every day from our hostel at 12.45. 5hrs of sightseeing lead by our passionate and more than wonderful guides. The tour works on a pay what you think it’s worth basis so it’s always within your budget. Sights include Checkpoint Charlie, the Reichstag, The Wall, Brandenburger Tor, Bunker site and many more besides
For more information and insider recommendations, please ask our staff and check our online staff-recommendations! Hope to see you soon in Berlin!