we have made you a great list of cool events in Berlin
Coming to Berlin this summer? Check this blog, and see what cool events are going on! Since there are so many many cool things to do in Berlin, we made a TOP 10 of our Favourites only. More cool events are also to be found in our weekly staff-recommendations.
1.Carneval of Cultures: The four day street festival presents the cultural richness of Berlin. Enjoy! On 23rd May about 4.800 participants organised in almost 100 groups will change Kreuzberg into a sea of colours and ideas.
STREET FESTIVAL 2010
21st May– 24th May
Free of admission!!
Four international stages – Bazaár Berlin, Eurasia, Farafina & Latinauta – will present the sound of Berlin and the world. On the “Rasen in Aktion” visitors are invited to practice their skills in creativity and sports. More than 350 stalls will offer delicious food, arts and crafts and much more.
for more detailed information, check on the website
2. DMY FEstival: Internation Design Festival Berlin. From 09-13 June
The 8th edition of DMY International Design Festival 2010 will kick off with a grand opening ceremony in the evening of June 9. Over 10.000 square meters filled with inspirational prototypes and new product evolutions by over 400 designers invite you to explore the latest developments in the fields of contemporary product design.
For more detailed information, check the DMYwebsite
3.Visual Berlin Festival, AVIT Berlin 2010. From 10-12 june.
A great audio-visual-festival!Three days of exploration into the evolution of screen culture and expanded visual and performance possibilities, with seminars, AV/interdisciplinary performances and special presentations by guest artists from across Europe. Guided projects and advanced workshops in performance technologies such as VDMX, Modul8, CoGe and visual programming environments, Processing, VVVV, Quartz Composer. Plus hardware hacking, circuit bending, surface mapping and more!
check for more information: Visual Berlin
4. 7th International Streettheatre Festival Berlin; Berlin Lacht! From 11-13 June
Street theatre and street music from all over the world.
11.-13. June 2010 Mariannenplatz
In the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg under trees and in a multiculti area. This year again with the big theatre spot in the middle of the parc.
13. – 22. August 2010 Alexanderplatz
10 days we spread joy and happiness in the historical center of east Berlin
26.-29. August 2010 Breitscheidplatz, Kurfürstendamm
the final days our tour of street art take us to the center of west Berlin.
Check their WEBSITE for more detailed information
5. 18th annual Lesbian and Gay Festival – Europe’s largest – this coming June, over the weekend of the 12th and 13th 2010. As usual, it´s being held around Nollendorfplatz in Schöneberg.The party takes place in the area bounded by Motzstrasse, Eisenacher Strasse, Fuggerstrasse and Kalckreuthstrasse, spreading over 20,000 square meters, and featuring the Worlds of Sports, Radio, Travel, Film, AIDS and Politics, as well as other exhibits from a wide range of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender groups.
Check the website: www.regenfonds.de to find more information!
6. Fete de la Musique. 21st of June
there are bands playing throughout the city. All for free. Check the website to find more information and the schedule.
7. 48 Stunden Berlin. The Neukölln Art und Kulture Festival! 25-27 june, Berlin Neukölln. Check the website for the programm
8.The Berlin Festival: 10- 11 September @ Airport Tempelhof. Great line up. check the website for further information.
9. Popkomm, Berlin 8-10 September. New Location: Berlin Tempelhof
After a year of reinvigoration and collection of hot new contacts, Popkomm is making a comeback in 2010 with new dates, strong partners and THE new location.
The Popkomm Festival is the section covering live music at Popkomm. From 8 to 10 September 2010 there will be around 60 showcases at the Popkomm Festival at eight venues in the Kulturbrauerei building complex in the Berlin district of Prenzlauer Berg.
Popkomm is also giving acts at the Festival a chance to perform on the grounds of the former airport in Berlin Tempelhof, with exclusive showcase events taking place during the daytime. Popkomm and Melt! will be including a number of artists in the Berlin Festival line-up. On 10 and 11 September the Berlin Festival will be taking place for the fifth time and it expects more than 15,000 music lovers to attend every day. This year the urban Berlin Festival is expanding. Planning is under way for an open-air stage under the extended roof of the airport building and for two indoor stages inside the hangars. check the website to find out more on these 2 great festivals
10. Musuem Night Berlin: 27th Edition. Over 100 museums will open their gates from 6pm- till 2am. Get more information: Musuem Night
It´s gonna be a great summer! hope to see ya all in Berlin, @ eastseven Berlin Hostel